PRODUCT DESCRIPTION - Click to Enlarge Inset Picture
MASA Mudsill Anchor
Mudsill anchors have always been a time-saving alternative to anchor bolts, and the MASA anchors provide a great alternative for 5/8" and 1/2" mudsill anchor bolts on 2x, double-2x and 3x mudsills. It also eliminates the need for 3" square plate washers for seismic design and, in some cases, has allowable loads that meet or exceed the parallel- and perpendicular-to-plate shear loads of other cast-in-place anchors. Two versions of the MASA are available — the standard MASA for installation on standard forms and the MASAP for panelized forms.
The MASA and MASAP are code listed by ICC-ES under the 2012, 2015 and 2018 IBC and IRC.
Attaches easily to the concrete form for quick installation
MASA lays flat on the form board so there is no anchor bolt to finish
No labor costs involved in drilling plates and aligning holes
Flat design eliminates chances of modification in prefabricated walls
Eliminates the need to notch studs due the anchor bolts being placed where it will interfere
Reduces the chance of having to retrofit anchors because of missing or misplaced anchor bolts
Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Concrete shall have a minimum f'c = 2,500 psi.
- Spalling — Full loads apply for spalls up to a maximum height of 1 1/4" and a maximum depth of 7/8". Any exposed portion of the mudsill anchor must be protected against possible corrosion.
- For prescriptive anchor spacing refer to the table below.
- Testing shows that these mudsill anchors can be used in lieu of code-required anchor bolts and square washer in high seismic zones. Refer to flier Easier Mudsill Anchoring: Cast-in-Place Mudsill Anchor (F-MASA) for additional information.
- Minimum MASA end distance is 4" and minimum center-to-center spacing is 8" for full load.
- For continuous load path, MASA should be installed on the same side of wall as uplift connectors.
- For installation in severe corrosion environments, refer to General Corrosion Risks for additional considerations.